There are few things I love more than a great playlist. The moms in my Body Back classes know I will make a playlist for just about anything, including my recent Winter Olympics class. (South Korean National Anthem, anyone?) I felt like I needed a new list and who better to ask then our moms?
I requested the new 2018 hits they're into or the vintage classics they love. Here's our new workout list! I have to say, some of you are way cooler than I am.
1. Kissing Strangers- DNCE feat. Nicki Minaj Na, na, na, na, na, na, na, na! Turn this one up when you don't feel like doing burpees but you're so hardcore, you push through it anyway.
2. Titanium- David Guetta & Sia Be bulletproof, ladies.
3. The Distance- Cake Pretend it's 1996, then play this at full volume, or not a all.
4. It's Tricky- Run DMC Nothing tricky about adding this to the list.
5. Jukebox Hero-Foreigner This mom reminded us she graduated high school the decade many of us were born. We love our experienced moms! Good pick!
6. Raise your glass - P!nk Oh yeah! All the P!nk and not just because it's my favorite color.
7. Carry Out- Timbaland This one has JT, too. So, there you go.
8. Good Vibrations- Marky Mark Feel it, feel it. Just like the Funky Bunch did all those years ago.
9. Woman- Kesha This one's just for mama. The language is too much for the kids, but a good one!
10. Robyn - Call Your Girlfriend I hadn't heard this one before. Excellent addition.
11. Machinehead -Bush The mom who suggested this was loving the 90's mix the early morning Body Back moms were rocking out to this past week.
12. Jai Wolf - Indian Summer The mom who suggested this one said "I've been into this song since it was on The Mindy Project’s finale."
13. Gente de Zona - Si No Vuelves This beat, ya'll.
14. Beyonce- Move Your Body Yes! It's in the name.
15. Confident- Demi Lovato No explanation needed. There's nothing wrong with being confident.
I asked one mom why she suggested the songs she did. "I like the beat. They are songs I like to sing along to (in my head so as to not torture anyone) which is a nice distraction."
So, we can't all be confident in our singing, but we can be confident in our fitness. Crank up your tunes mama!